We’re always on the lookout for talented new people to join our fantastic team. If you think you have something we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you. Apply for one of our current opportunities below or get in touch with us using the form opposite.
Chef de Partie
We are currently recruiting for a full-time experienced Chef de Partie to join our team. As a Chef de Partie you be responsible for a section of the kitchen, ensuring that the produce is prepared to the agreed standard, cleaning your section down daily and passing any required orders to the Head Chef or Sous Chef to place with the suppliers. A strict adherence to our HACCP principles is a must, from fridge management and date labelling to effective vacuum packing and blast chilling. Whilst the Head Chef is the creative force for all menus, you will be expected to contribute menu ideas for each new menu.
You will be expected to form excellent relations with the FOH team and the Reception, they will supply you with key information on guests. In particular notes on allergies that you must be aware of as you prepare their meals.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out the effective daily running your section at Walwick Hall.
- Ensure daily records of food safety are kept, including fridge temperatures, hot holding, blast chilling.
- Contribute to menus to meet the needs of the business, maintain portion control and reduce wastage to aid the Head Chef in achieving the required costings
- Ensure all allergen and HACCP information detailed and recorded.
- Ensure all dishes are prepared to the agreed standard.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times with guests, members, staff and suppliers alike.
- Work with the Head Chef and Sous Chef to resolve any operational challenges or guest feedback issues.
- Follow all Health and Safety guidance and training supplied.
A passion for using the best produce available and the ability to use it, profitably to give our guests a great experience. Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
Food Safety Level 2 certification.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years industry experience and will be an existing Chef de Partie or aspiring Demi Chef de Partie, you will have worked in a rural Hotel setting previously and cooked at a minimum two AA rosette level for a minimum of two years as Commis or Demi Chef de Partie.
What we offer:
- £33,930 per annum, plus tips
- 45 hours minimum contract, paid for every hour you work
- 30 days holiday pro rata (inclusive of Bank Holidays).
- Uniform provided.
- Complimentary use of Walwick Hall’s Leisure Facilities.
- Great pension enrolment scheme.
- Please note: no onsite, live-in accommodation is available as part of this role.
- 20% discount on dining and accommodation.
- New Staff Incentive reward of £1000 upon completion of a 6 month probation period.
- Access to our Refer A Friend referral scheme – £250 finders fee for any staff referred after a 6 month probation period.
At Walwick Hall, we provide great opportunities for extra training and there is a clear progression route for those willing to go the extra mile.Apply Now View all jobs