Soft Chocolate Meringues
4 Egg Whites
255g Caster Sugar
2.5 tsp Corn Flour
1 tsp Champagne Vinegar
0.5 tsp Vanilla Essence
70g Chopped Chocolate
– Preheat the oven to 140c
– Using an electric hand mixer, whisk the egg whites until you can form stiff peaks with them.
– Slowly add the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time. Do not add all the sugar at the same time.
– Once all the sugar is incorporated, add the corn flour, vinegar and vanilla into the mix.
– Whisk together until all the ingredients are combined.
– Fold the chopped chocolate into the mix using a metal spoon and fold until it’s all added.
– Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spoon your meringue mix into desired shapes*
– Bake in the preheated oven for 25-35 minutes until golden brown
– Remove from oven and allow to cool.
The meringues will keep for 7-10 days if sealed in an airtight container. Enjoy!
* Chef tip: “I like to quenelle my meringues so they are just a bit bigger than a mouthful per piece. To do this, I dip two identical spoons into hot water, shake off the excess water and take a generous scoop of the meringue in one spoon. Pass the mixture repeatedly between the spoons, turning and smoothing each side until a neat quenelle is formed.” Alex