As the government slowly ease restrictions and a new ‘normal’ awaits around the corner, our team are carefully planning for the next phase and how we can get back to doing what we love in a way that’s safe and responsible.
We’re aiming to reopen the doors to Walwick Hall and Chesters Stables from 4th July 2020 in line with the current government guidance. However, as always, the safety of our guests and team members still remains our absolute priority, which is why we’ve been working to find a balance between offering you the luxury experience you’ve come to expect from us while implementing the health and safety processes necessary to reduce the risk of infection. We’ve outlined a plan below which we hope successfully strikes this balance.
From 4th July 2020 (our planned reopening date), our response will be as follows:
– To heighten our already stringent practices around cleaning and sanitisation across our Estate such as regular deep cleaning of all areas, including all food preparation areas.
– To reduce the number of people dining in The Dining Room at any one time to allow for social distancing. This applies to both residents and non-residents. We will also open up our private dining room to provide additional space.
– To require all residents and non-residents to book tables for all meals in advance, including for breakfast. If preferred, certain meals can also be served in some of our bedrooms.
– To also reduce the number of people allowed in the Bar and the Drawing Room at any one time to allow for social distancing. This applies to both residents and non-residents.
– To allow access to our spacious Terrace and gardens as normal but to ask that government specified distancing measures are adhered to at all times.
– To ask that guests use the toilet facilities in their own bedroom whenever possible.
– To place a number of hand sanitisers around the hotel for guest and staff use, including in Reception, the Bar, the Drawing Room and in The Dining Room.
– To communicate with all guests (both residents and non-residents) ahead of their expected arrival to ensure that they, and all members of their household, are completely symptom-free.
– To kindly ask any guests who exhibit symptoms during their stay to remove themselves from public areas in order to eliminate any risk to other guests and staff members.
– To review the opening of our Spa and treatment rooms for both residents and non-residents in accordance with the latest government advice.
– To ensure all staff have the skills and education to protect themselves and guests, and provide full staff training on how to avoid transmission both in and out the workplace.
We will be constantly reviewing and adjusting our plan over the coming weeks but we hope these steps will help you to feel safe and protected when staying with us. We truly can’t wait to be able to welcome you back soon!